Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration
http://clipper.ecrater.com

Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME* Empty Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME*

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:56 pm
anyone still play these? I bought a Retron 3 a few years back, and have been on and off buying games for the system. I just recently bought some repro games from aliexpress... I maybe crazy for doing that when you can probably just download them for free today. But it's so much fun..
I recently acquired and still waiting for some to arrive.

NES- ( I believe these titles are htf as originals)
Bubble Bobble 2
Duck Tales 2
Flintstones 2 lost dinosaur
California Raisins

Sega-
Pocahontas
Super Bubble Bobble (was only released in Europe)
Beauty and the Beast

I'm thinking of buying the fanmade NES discords conquest (MLP)

does anyone have any suggestions on games I should purchase? I want anything fun and not too complex Very Happy

Last edited by Clipper on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
retrodollsus
retrodollsus
Puppy Love
Puppy Love

Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME* Empty Re: Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME*

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm
oh yes, I LOVE SNES and NES. You should check out Jerzy's instagram for sales- she has several NES games for sale. it's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some of my fav NES games-
Wrestlemania
Super Mario 1, 2 and 3
Duck Tales 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Skate or Die
Tetris
Dr Mario
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Tiny Toons
Zelda
Castlevania (all).

retrodollsus
retrodollsus
Puppy Love
Puppy Love

Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME* Empty Re: Anyone still play old school NES, SNES or Sega games? *Updated with NES MY LITTLE PONY GAME*

Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:51 pm
also if you ever get a playstation 2- get Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (although I like 1 better) and Final Fantasy X-2. Those games are worth getting the system.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 pm
I have most of the games listed.. I think I still need to relocate Zelda.. I had the gold ones and regular as a kid.. but then sold them on Amazon years ago.. oops :X

I also remember I had one called star tropics 1 and 2.. Use to like them alot...

I think I have most of the games Lauren has for sale. But will double check..

I for sure have PS2.. I always forget about Kingdom Hearts.. I will look into that as well.

thanks for the ideas Very Happy
retrodollsus
retrodollsus
Puppy Love
Puppy Love

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 pm
you're welcome! Smile
dream crystal
dream crystal
Fakie
Fakie

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:04 am
I would but my brother's SNES got fried a long time ago because of a storm
Don't know what happened to his NES... and he still has his PS1 but apparently he was an idiot and trashed some of his games... (when he could have given them to ME)

We still pretty much have all his SNES and whatever he had of NES games sitting in a closet here lol. Maybe I'll find a SNES or NES one day.
marblecheshire
marblecheshire
Custom
Custom

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 am
I still play Mario 2 from time to time.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am
I just got California raisins and belles quests off ali express woo! I think I will order Zelda and star tropics next :-)
marblecheshire
marblecheshire
Custom
Custom

Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 am
Nathan is currently playing the new Zelda and is loving it. He is a pretty big Zelda fan. The only video games I ever attempted to play are Tetris, Mario 2, and Mario Kart. I will never play Mario Kart again until I can drink alcohol. And since I can't drink alcohol I will just refrain. I get road rage from it and find it more frustrating than fun. Ha!!!
MrsGatamon
MrsGatamon
Fakie
Fakie

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:47 am
I don't play those games, but I would like to. Old games are fun! Especially the platformers and puzzles because they do not make them like they used to.
Not that I've been inactive in this area. Recently I built myself a small personal computer with a Raspberry Pi. It has a basic operating system, Raspbian Jessie with PIXEL that I placed the game emmulator RetroPi on top of it. What this means is I can play all those old school games on a computer that fits in my pocket, and I can easily travel with my collection and play them almost anywhere. I just need to start buying the game cartridges now. I only have Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced games because up until recently those were the only old school systems I owned.
Snapdragon
Snapdragon
Fakie
Fakie

Tue May 09, 2017 6:53 am
Oh man, I LOVED playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles every Christmas when I would visit my cousins' house! Wink I always had to be P2, I was so bad at it! But it was fun! Lion King, slightly less fun, more like 'impossible'... XD
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 am
marblecheshire wrote:Nathan is currently playing the new Zelda and is loving it. He is a pretty big Zelda fan. The only video games I ever attempted to play are Tetris, Mario 2, and Mario Kart. I will never play Mario Kart again until I can drink alcohol. And since I can't drink alcohol I will just refrain. I get road rage from it and find it more frustrating than fun. Ha!!!

I use to play the original Zelda, it was fun. Tetris is a great game.. Not a huge fan on Super Mario 2. Mario Kart I never played, was that for SNES??
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 am
MrsGatamon wrote:I don't play those games, but I would like to. Old games are fun! Especially the platformers and puzzles because they do not make them like they used to.
Not that I've been inactive in this area. Recently I built myself a small personal computer with a Raspberry Pi. It has a basic operating system, Raspbian Jessie with PIXEL that I placed the game emmulator RetroPi on top of it. What this means is I can play all those old school games on a computer that fits in my pocket, and I can easily travel with my collection and play them almost anywhere. I just need to start buying the game cartridges now. I only have Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced games because up until recently those were the only old school systems I owned.

That sounds so cool! do you have a photo of it by any chance?
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 am
Snapdragon wrote:Oh man, I LOVED playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles every Christmas when I would visit my cousins' house! Wink I always had to be P2, I was so bad at it! But it was fun! Lion King, slightly less fun, more like 'impossible'... XD

haha yes TMNT was awesome! I actually never had it as a kid, but my neighbors did and we use to borrow it. About 6 years ago I was lucky though and I found the game cartridge and the original box at the flea market for $3 :X!
Lightningsilver-mana
Lightningsilver-mana
Fakie
Fakie

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:17 am
Some of my fondest videogame memories is hooking up my Gamecube andcsetting up the connections for the Gameboy Player and playing oldie Goldie Zelda games via gamecube on full screen t.v.

Just about all of the 90's Zelda games I did Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, Minish Cap and 4 Swords Adventures.

I had Sword of Mana at one time but very very stupidly traded it away just because I got stuck at a boss
KarentheUnicorn
KarentheUnicorn
Fakie
Fakie

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 am
Clipper wrote:anyone still play these? I bought a Retron 3 a few years back,

Just wondering, how well does the retron work? I've considered buying one as I still have a bunch of my old super ninetendo games...but the old consol games look so horrible on the newer TV's that I simply unhooked it. I've seen the retrons in books a million but wasn't sure how well they work or if they were worth purchasing?
nessa16
nessa16
Fakie
Fakie

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:50 pm
I do, just not as often as I probably should. My husband and I have all of our old systems hooked up in our living room except my GC and his PS1 and 2. I confiscated all my brothers’ old systems because they left them at home forgotten. All together we have NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS4, Xbox360, Sega Genesis, original GameBoy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, NDS, and Sega GameGear. We have doubles of a few systems and games since we both had some of the same ones as kids. I am all about Nintendo and suck as PS and Xbox except PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Twisted Metal.

Favorite games include NES Mario 2&3, Duckhunt (even though you cannot play this on modern flatscreens), Paperboy (also not really able to play on flatscreens) SNES Mario Kart (best ever watching my husband play this cause for once he’s not the champion cause he grew up on Mario Kart 64. Didn’t even know it existed earlier than that), Super Mario, DK Country, Sega Crystals Pony Tale, Ronald McDonald, Sonic 2, Streetfighter 2 (have for SNES also), N64 Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, DK64, Pokemon Snap, GC Harry Potter games, Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life, Wii Harvest Moon Animal Parade.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:27 am
speaking of NES games. I acquired a G4 fanmade NES game not too long ago. It's called Dr Discords Conquest.

here is a youtube video of someone playing it!

Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 am
That's awesome you guys have your old systems still and sometimes play. I have started to buy some reproduction and fanmade games for Sega NES and SNES lately.. It's so addicting when they are reasonably priced. Very Happy
nessa16 wrote:I do, just not as often as I probably should. My husband and I have all of our old systems hooked up in our living room except my GC and his PS1 and 2. I confiscated all my brothers’ old systems because they left them at home forgotten. All together we have NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS4, Xbox360, Sega Genesis, original GameBoy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, NDS, and Sega GameGear. We have doubles of a few systems and games since we both had some of the same ones as kids.  I am all about Nintendo and suck as PS and Xbox except PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Twisted Metal.

Favorite games include NES Mario 2&3, Duckhunt (even though you cannot play this on modern flatscreens), Paperboy (also not really able to play on flatscreens) SNES Mario Kart (best ever watching my husband play this cause for once he’s not the champion cause he grew up on Mario Kart 64. Didn’t even know it existed earlier than that), Super Mario, DK Country, Sega Crystals Pony Tale, Ronald McDonald, Sonic 2, Streetfighter 2 (have for SNES also), N64 Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, DK64, Pokemon Snap, GC Harry Potter games, Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life, Wii Harvest Moon Animal Parade.
nessa16
nessa16
Fakie
Fakie

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:56 pm
I remember always wanting to rent Eccho the dolphin for Sega when I was a kid. I should look that one up again. I never really got much for Disney games. How’re those? I see quite a few of you have them on your list.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:44 am
I LOVE the disney games! My favorite ones are Toy Story, Lion King and Aladdin.

I always liked Echo, but found it so hard to play. I never had it as a kid.. Although my neighbor did. I managed to find a cartridge at the flea market a few years ago.. I will attempt to play it every now and then.

I think you can get the Echo on ebay for a reasonable price. Smile
nessa16 wrote:I remember always wanting to rent Eccho the dolphin for Sega when I was a kid. I should look that one up again. I never really got much for Disney games. How’re those? I see quite a few of you have them on your list.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum