Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Masquerade
Masquerade
Admin
Admin

Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help? Empty Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?

Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:36 am
The first new characters in so many years!
I am SUPER thrilled at Basic Fun's latest release, even if it doesn't seem to be exactly what the stock art/Hasbro originally intended for this set. The art made the ponies seem like their plastic was marbleized like those 'hi-bounce' balls, or like paper marbling or something like that. The art of the hair was dubious about it having tinsel or not (it seemed to suggest they did) but it was at least glow n show type of length. (These Celestials are lovely, but their hair is normal length and no tinsel at all) However, none of this should slow them down any: they are still amazing and I am mega excited to have them all and be able to buy them for my out of country friends too so everyone can have them.

But, now that I have several of each character in the house, it came to attention that what they're doing is stamping the swirls on. It seems kind of likely that they're using whatever method the Flower Fantasy ponies used in their day. This is probably ALSO why BF WAS planning to do the Flower Fantasy ponies and then pulled a switcheroo last minute for these guys because new characters are more exciting. (And also the success of the petition of letter writing that took place here at the Arena and also FB & etc years ago) The FF technology was already there, they just switched it to swirls.

What might the device look like?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This youtube video has the wibbly wobbly stamper machine shown that goes on curved, possibly pony surfaces. (Imagine a pony size one of that thing, not big for bowl like it shows here) It's satisfyingly squishy to watch it go. Of course, I don't know for sure what they're doing, but I suspect it and here goes some photos.

Here are 2 of her that clearly have the same stamp.
It does not apply identically every time, but look at the 'hallmarks' of it, as in red marked on the photos. You can see how the stamper distorts a bit depending on where the pony is when it's done. The leg has the same '2 blob arch', the 'jog' next to the lower heart, the 90 degree left turn at the symbol, the 'wide' in the middle.
First
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Second
(The rest of mine have yet to arrive from Amazon)
Notice how her body AND head pattern are completely different from the first 2.

*The dotted line area is where she took a hit obviously, there's a yellow pale scuff there where there's a 'hole' in the lines. They weren't careful with her at the factory, either that or the swirls are made of delicate paint which would be sad.

So what are the questions/how can help?
There's a finite number of this pattern stamper. How many patterns do they have?
There will be the same amount for heads & bodies.
Did they match the right pattern heads with the right matching pattern bodies? (No, the 2 above have the same body but their heads are wildly different)
Can you post a photo of your one of her with a body type that is NOT one of the 2 pictured here?

It will be very interesting to see how many different ones of each that there are.
Will "variant collectors" collect all the variations?
Will people start switching their heads to match them?
Dazzler
Dazzler
Fakie
Fakie

Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help? Empty Re: Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?

Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:50 pm
I don’t think I could commit to collecting the different variations.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration
http://clipper.ecrater.com

Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help? Empty Re: Celestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?

Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pm
Now there is a variant with pink swirly lines on nova. Has anyone else got her? She has been delivered that way from Walmart.com and I heard some on Amazon.ca
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum