Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration
http://clipper.ecrater.com

35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor -  Review! Empty 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor - Review!

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:57 pm
I finally opened my Pretty Parlor last night. 

My review ...

Parlor- The playset itself seems durable.  They only included one name card (Peachy). To some this may not be such a big deal, but to me it seems like a rather poor marketing strategy. The reason why the collector ponies name cards were included with the parlor in the first place, was so you would buy the other ponies.

Twinkles - Not in original mold. In SSC, Custard's mold. Not a huge deal, but he is very cheap feeling, and not too much detailing on him. I overall think Twinkles is cute in Custards mold.

Peachy - So far she is my least favorite of all the BF ponies that have been released.  Her body color is too dark, and just makes her rather unpleasing to the eye. She does have fading pink hair, that is very shiny and soft as can be.. Which I do like. 

Overall, I am happy with this set. The price point was very reasonable. Also, packaged nicely. 

It is funny to say that Kitty Love fits right in with this set!  Very Happy Very Happy I love you I love you

bounce bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Clipper on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor -  Review! Empty Re: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor - Review!

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 am
I wondered if there was any point in me getting this. I keep an eye on both retro Butterscotches... (if I ever get variants of a collector Pony it'll be her as she was my first)

I'm trying to Customise a Parlour for Twisty Tail (it wasn't the best when I got it so...) due to the fact UK folks had Kiss Curl in their second Grooming Parlour. I'd like to call it the Rainbow Rinse Parlour
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor -  Review! Empty Re: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor - Review!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 am
Rainbow Rinse Parlour kinda cute. I agree that the parlor should
Be for twisty tail or even pretty vision. In the US they featured the brush and grow ponies on the box. So it would make sense.

25th anniversary Butterscotch isn’t worth it. I would
Say go for the 35th edition. I plan on opening her next . I can type up a review with photos if you like?

-Clipper
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 am
Clipper wrote:Rainbow Rinse Parlour kinda cute. I agree that the parlor should
Be for twisty tail or even pretty vision. In the US they featured the brush and grow ponies on the box. So it would make sense.

25th anniversary Butterscotch isn’t worth it. I would
Say go for the 35th edition. I plan on opening her next . I can type up a review with photos if you like?

-Clipper
Yes please!!! I hear the 35th ones are better overall, & do they actually come wi stickers???

And Twisty Tail is very special to me as my ONLY UTH Brush & Grow Pony, plus she's the blue one...

Last edited by Ponybookworm on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Twisters said so)
Elysian_Moon
Elysian_Moon
Fakie
Fakie

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:33 pm
I am still interested in getting Retro Peachy. Never had her before like this in a full set, so I will be happy to get her whenever I can.

I didn't mind the 25th Anniversary Ponies. I liked them, though, I did think they were off on coloring and their molds seemed smaller. Still cute and I have them loose on Shelves. Still need to get the 35th Ponies out. If you ever have Peachy & Parlor/Parlour available with just Pepper-Jack, Dasher, Puppy Love OR Kitty Love... I would be very interested since I don't have any of them Yet. Though, no rush to make such a bundle since I'm paying off a Hospital Bill... Sad Darn Medical, you're sucking away my Pony Money !!! LOL
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am
Curse the States for charging you for medical costs instead of using taxes for it. I already do for introducing the UK to things like private medical insurance...

Back on topic: IF I go on a Butterscotch hunt, I will intend to get ALL the different variants, a bit like I am wi my TS collection (my GOH TS arrived recently to add to the massive herd of them living in TWO castles!!! Piccie later), so will include 25th as well as 35th. I'd just get 25th loose & 35th MIP (Mint In Packaging, imo a lot better than just saying Mint On/In Whatever).
Elysian_Moon
Elysian_Moon
Fakie
Fakie

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm
Ha Ha !  That would be awesome if the Taxes I already pay would Cover my Medical.  Very Happy

I love these Pictures Clipper.  I have a couple loose Peachy's and this one looks too dark... however, I do like this darker one. She will stand out from the Originals.

You're Right.  Kitty Love & Puppy Love fit in Beautifully. Smile
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:38 pm
The ponies come with puffy stickers ! It’s really neat to see them in stores.

We eventually will be making stickers for hqg1c ponies. There’s already a concept of the Genie sticker. But won’t be released until next year probably. Wink
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 pm
Clipper wrote:The ponies come with puffy stickers ! It’s really neat to see them in stores.

We eventually will be making stickers for hqg1c ponies. There’s already a concept of the Genie sticker. But won’t be released until next year probably. Wink
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Elysian_Moon
Elysian_Moon
Fakie
Fakie

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm
Neato. Puffy Stickers. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum