Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration
http://clipper.ecrater.com

Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!  Empty Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:05 am
Hi everyone,

Maybe old news to some, but figured I would post this here just in case anyone has missed this fun opportunity.

I have started a group of Facebook about this (but do not need to be a member on it).. We have started a petition to get Basic Fun / Bridge Direct to make the mysterious celestial ponies!

Please read the entire post.

Hope you all participate!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who are the Fancy Swirls?

Fancy Swirl ponies, are a set of G1 My Little Ponies, that never made it past prototype stage.  The ponies were supposed to set in a ‘celestial’ type theme, representing space alien ponies. Each pony was supposed to come with a marbled, two toned body, with antennas, tinsel in their hair and outer space themed romp designs.

Introducing (yes these are their official Hasbro names!):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (body is supposed to be lavender. Please check page 3 for variation)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What makes the Fancy Swirls so special?

Fancy Swirl ponies were never produced to the general public.  Illustrations leaked of these beauties, when Hasbro shared old packaging designs at a My Little Pony Convention in 2008. When collectors first saw these illustrations it caused a great deal of excitement, curiosity and questions for this mysterious set.

Why Fancy Swirls?

Over the last decade, licensed merchandise has popped up in local shops and throughout  online retailers around the world. This proves that not only the G1 My Little Pony collector is interested in these, but the general public as well.  Their beautiful coloring and details are not only attractive, but unique to any other pony toy ever made.

How can we get these Fancy Swirl ponies made?

By voicing your opinion. With no guarantee, but there is a possibility that the current company Basic Fun (Bridge Direct), who holds the G1 MLP license could bump these swirled beauties into production.  All you will have to do is send a simple letter requesting the Celestial / Fancy Swirl ponies.  It is recommended that you include the original artwork and some photos of licensed merchandise that has been sold. Please make sure that the focus is for the Celestial / Fancy Swirl set and not to side track to other ponies. We will get to those later.

We encourage you to send your letter through direct mail, and will cost you just a postage stamp.

Below, you will find a sample letter written by Em Nash (Wings Of Masquerade). Please do not copy this word for word, but you may use for a reference.  All letters must be written in English. Be sure to include at the bottom of your letter your name and home and email address. Once your letter is finalized, please print and mail it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to submit a copy of your letter to us by email (fancyswirlpony@gmail.com), so we can re-print it at a later date and submit all 500+ letters together. Please do not email or Facebook message Basic Fun regarding these ponies, as you will get a generic response.

Basic Fun / Bridge Direct mailing address:

301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Celestial Pony / Fancy Swirl campaign email:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let’s spread the word and try to get the Fancy Swirl ponies made, to fill the missing link into our G1 pony collections. Thank you for participating.

-Clipper

Sample Letter:
“To Whom This May Concern at Bridge Direct / Basic Fun,
I'm a My Little Pony Collector, and I'm just writing to say I totally love your Retro Collector Ponies! I've already got the whole set from Target & I was so amazed and happy to find these on store shelves.
Because you're releasing older Hasbro ponies, could you please consider the Celestial Ponies set?
This set of 4 characters has been super popular on merchandise at Hot Topic, in the UK, & more, and I would really love a chance to buy these as real ponies from you guys. I have attached Hasbro's old art of these here, as well as the art that other companies are using on merchandise. All the fans seem to love these characters like I do, so I wanted to write to let you know about them.
If you want the official art from the 1980s for these along with the molds/poses Hasbro had in mind, I know we've got a fan in our community who has all that stuff back from the official convention.
*Insert contact email or whatever needed here*
I am also looking forward to buying your future releases. Thank you so much for producing these, we're all so happy to see more of our favorite toy on store shelves.

Please consider this request as we'd really love the opportunity to purchase these toys!
Thank you,
X xx “

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
rainbowseashells
rainbowseashells
Fakie
Fakie

Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!  Empty Re: Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:09 pm
why not HQG1C make them? Wink
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!  Empty Re: Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:42 am
it's been discussed, but I think it would be more special as an official release in a box.
But we will see Very Happy
rainbowseashells wrote:why not HQG1C make them?  Wink
rainbowseashells
rainbowseashells
Fakie
Fakie

Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 pm
im so impressed by my 2 ladies from HQG1C's that i think they can't go wrong.
bridge direct did do a fantastic job on the first 6 collector ponies. anyways either way pony collecting these days have been full of lovely surprises Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ps i would love to see how they would turn out from either party
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Sat May 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Apart from my total lack of FB, count me in!!! One way or another I would LOVE to see these Ponies made!!!
Elysian_Moon
Elysian_Moon
Fakie
Fakie

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm
Any *NEW* News Clipper ??? Have not heard anything new since 'The Bridge Direct' commented that our Campaign was very Professional and Impressive. I think that was what was said... LoL
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration

Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:46 am
Nope that is all. I guess we will just have to sit back and wait. I hope in 2019 they make them. Smile
Elysian_Moon
Elysian_Moon
Fakie
Fakie

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 pm
Okay. Thank You. I hope they make them too, that would be awesome.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum