Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Masquerade
Masquerade
Admin
Admin

Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets! Empty Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am
How about some fake playing cards?
The art is obviously all stolen from some poor fan artist out there who has quite a certain style. The box has G3s on it, but the art is all G1. I've never really seen a whole set of fake anything before. I do like the art, it seems soft and sparkling somehow, so it is very too bad it was all stolen and the person likely never got a dime.

So who do we have here?
Ace - Countdown
2 - Minty
3 - Black Coach Hearse (A black horse pulls the black hearse carriage)
4 - Tropical Breeze
5 - Galaxy
6 - Killer Tip? Ammo Prancer? (The symbols are hollow-point bullets, shotgun shells & crossbow arrows with hollow cores to spill the blood)
7 - Gusty
Joker - That Euro 'Majesty' who has the stars
8 - Sorbet
9 - Rapunzel
10 - Starflower
Jack  Mimic
Queen - Blue Rose
K Yellow Moondancer

These 'extra' ponies are likely stolen fanchars or ponysonas, probably commissioned by that artist as they're also in the style. What likely happened is the fakers raided the gallery, and couldn't tell which ponies were real characters & which were fan. But still...you'd think they'd want to avoid ol' Bullet Betsy there or whoever that was...because she's too similar to Gusty on the 7 (though she has a gray stripe) while Hearse probably is Medley like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What do you think of these cards?
Have you seen them before?
I would buy a deck that had authentic art & was a licensed item. There are enough G1s to have a different pony on each card.
Clipper
Clipper
Celebration
Celebration
http://clipper.ecrater.com

Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets! Empty Re: Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:00 am
Amazing! I think that work is by Marco in Italy? I didn’t even look at the cards before I handed you the bag. Super cool. I think Wiggles found them at some market In Asia.

Sad about it being stolen. It’s been very common with his art unfortunately. I’ve seen diary’s and notepads with his work on taobao and AliExpress in the past too.
rainbowseashells
rainbowseashells
Fakie
Fakie

Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets! Empty Re: Faking Cards Set: Stolen Art For Fake Playing Cards Now With More Bullets!

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 pm
oh my gosh that is beautiful art, so so sad it was all stolen, darn that makes me so angry. My husbands an amazing artist and i said to him a day ago to water-mark his art if he ever downloaded it somewhere so i just showed him this post.
thanks so sharing. i will have to check out the dollar stores over here in NZ, just in case they pop up.
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am
Deffo Marco Albiero!!!!! Linkie to his website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
His Pony art is amazing!!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum