Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat
Go down
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread Empty The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread

Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 am
G3 made a lot of pegasi, but unicorns, not so much. In order to redress this balance here are some of my Custom G3 unicorns, some based on the Hasbro cartoons, some based on other characters, & some just for the heck of it. Here we go!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First thing I had to do was make a normal-sized Cheerilee unicorn. I used a pearly purple paint on her, but I think I did a good job on her symbols!!!
This second Pony was based on both a fridge magnet & a Custom G1 Flower Pony unicorn I made. Impatiens is the G3 Flower Pony unicorn.
In the pegasi they even had gem ones, & since all my G3 gem earths are related to the G1 princesses, I decided the pegasi should be the same, but I didn't want the unicorns missing out!!! Meet Jewelbloom, based on the flower-shaped jewel I found & installed in her rump wi Apoxie.
First direct from cartoon Custom is Jitterbug here. She features as a background unicorn in shows like The Runaway Rainbow & so on. When I don't have many ideas I Customise Ponies from cartoons who were never Made...
Periwinkle is one of my fave G3 Ponies, so when I got a spare one I kept her hair AND her gem, & just painted her orange & gave her a new symbol round the gem, as well as a horn. Her name is Meteor.
Another direct-from-cartoon Custom is Opaline here, another background unicorn from the likes of Runaway Rainbow. I Made her Dance Around size due to there even being an earth & pegasus Pony of this size. I'll soon have a G3 Baby unicorn as well.
As I made a G1 Custom Unicorn called Storytime, it only made sense that when I Customised my Storybelle here, I make her the G3-aged daughter of Storytime & a unicorn like her mother. After all, stories have a special magic, don't they??? Storybelle was another character in a cartoon (though in it she was an earth Pony), where she tells the story of Star Flight & Heart Bright.
You know how I make G3 Boys out of the "coathanger" pose right??? Well that means I need alternative poses for rarer Ponies in the same pose. I had a shot at my own Twinkle Hope, & due to already altering her pose, I also Made her a unicorn!!! Her big star is only on one side, but the little ones are everywhere!!!
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread Empty Re: The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:11 am
BUMP!!! Meet Yule Log, the Festive G3 unicorn!!!
Ponybookworm
Ponybookworm
Pepper Jack
Pepper Jack

The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread Empty Re: The Why Aren't There More G3 Unicorns thread

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:03 pm
Ice Scoop says BUMP!!!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum