Pony Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
I made "backcard stories" for the HQ Customs.Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:02 amPonybookwormCelestial Swirls- Stamping Styles & Mystery of the Method: Can you help?Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:59 pmClipperHQG1C Land & Sea Meet: Bigger Cruise, Bigger Fun in 2024! (Hurry for a deal!)Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pmClipperPonybookworm's Most WantedTue Sep 05, 2023 7:21 pmPonybookwormHello I'm StormrunnerWed Aug 23, 2023 5:07 pmStormrunnerClipper's - Want ListMon Aug 21, 2023 12:49 amClipper2023 Southwestern PA Pony MeetWed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 pmstarbritesprinklesIntroductionWed Jul 19, 2023 2:09 pmfilmcodedHello, Everybody!Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:07 pmPonybookwormHello nice to meet you!Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:51 pmlolacat

Fish Dreams a giant stippled fakie

+7
Skippy
retrodollsus
marblecheshire
wizzer218
hqg1c
LadyPinwheel
MrsGatamon
11 posters
Go down
MrsGatamon
MrsGatamon
Fakie
Fakie

Fish Dreams a giant stippled fakie Empty Fish Dreams a giant stippled fakie

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:41 am
Let me introduce you to stippling, the process of creating images with dots.Lots and lots of dots. This particular custom is Fish Dreams. Made from a large Cabbage Patch fakie. Dont confuse it with pointilism because I do not create the appearance of colors with my dots. If I want orange, I use orange instead of red and yellow dots. Base coat is two shades if blue painted in a way that wont blend and then covered with a clear iridescent paint and iridescent glitter. Except for the gold fish which has gold glitter under it's dots.
Here eyes are a unique technique I discovered. They are a clear sculpt made with many thin layers of watered down Modge Podge Outdoor sealed with gloss polyurethane sealant. The iris is "jeweled" by sealing glitter under the glue. A simple blossom nail charm makes the watermark.
Hair is sewing machine thread because its texture matched the body appearance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyPinwheel
LadyPinwheel
Fakie
Fakie
https://www.facebook.com/LadyPinwheelPonyRealm

Fish Dreams a giant stippled fakie Empty Re: Fish Dreams a giant stippled fakie

Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 am
Wow! This is gorgeous!! You did dot by dot?? Great work! Looks like a mosaic <3
hqg1c
hqg1c
Admin
Admin

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:06 pm
such awesome detailing! Are those dots of paint or is it some sort or sequin? Love the idea. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
wizzer218
wizzer218
Admin
Admin

Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 pm
love it!!
MrsGatamon
MrsGatamon
Fakie
Fakie

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:54 pm
hqg1c wrote:such awesome detailing! Are those dots of paint or is it some sort or sequin? Love the idea. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
The dots are paint. In fact she is entirely painted ('cept for the eye's sealant) with Martha Steward Crafts Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint because if it's durability and no need for sealant. Iv'e had thoughts of using something like beads, but probably will never us it because of how easy my kid can spill it and its easy to control the size of paint dots.
marblecheshire
marblecheshire
Custom
Custom

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm
This looks like a mosaic you would find in a rich home in Pompeii. I adore, adore, adore this pony. I have never seen a custom done like this and I am super partial to sea related colors and symbols. Wow.
retrodollsus
retrodollsus
Puppy Love
Puppy Love

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 pm
very cool
Skippy
Skippy
Custom
Custom

Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:10 pm
such a great work! fantastic!
Pinacolada
Pinacolada
Fakie
Fakie
http://larrachersan.deviantart.com/

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:18 pm
Woah! I'd never have the patience to do that. Surprised But she is stunning, really well done!
Ssypher28
Fakie
Fakie

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:29 pm
So unique and probably my favorite custom I've seen yet.
cookhuman
cookhuman
Fakie
Fakie

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm
This is so impressive!  I'm no stranger to painting fine, detailed symbols, but this custom makes my hand and eyes ache. Razz  How long did the painting take?  Will this custom be for sale or do you take commissions for this style?  Really great work!  Thanks for sharing! Smile
Nenufar
Nenufar
Fakie
Fakie
http://ireneroga.com/

Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:23 am
Woa! Amazing! I guess it needs a lot of patience. Great work!
MrsGatamon
MrsGatamon
Fakie
Fakie

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 am
cookhuman wrote:This is so impressive!  I'm no stranger to painting fine, detailed symbols, but this custom makes my hand and eyes ache. Razz   How long did the painting take?  Will this custom be for sale or do you take commissions for this style?  Really great work!  Thanks for sharing! Smile
About 5 months, but at the time I was a full time student along with being full time stay-at-home Mom and went weeks before I had any time to work on her.
She is not for sale. Actually she was a test pony. I was still trying to find ways to make durable play worthy customs, she started as part of a school project, and I was still learning how to paint with stippling.
BTW she is not play durable and has damage that needs to be repaired. I may just completely remover her paint and redo her. That is if I ever have space freed up in my project schedule.
Sorry, I do not take commissions. Because of certain circumstances at my home, many art project never have a chance to finish. I have an Etsy store with two stippled items for sale.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum